Rose petal blunts are a real thing and they seem to be the trendiest new way to roll up. While it isn’t something completely new, this hot weed trend started smoking after Twitter user @simple_sasha tweeted a quick video on how to roll a rose petal blunt. With almost 100,000 retweets and 260,000 likes, this short video has been taking social media by storm.
This blog post was reposted from Weedepedia and written by Grayson King
Is it safe?
When you first think about it, smoking rose petals sounds like a crazy idea! And it can be if you are not sure where your roses come from or how they are grown. Your best shot at trying this in a safe way is by purchasing an organic rose, that does not have any pesticides or other harmful chemicals that would be unsafe to smoke, or by growing your own roses without pesticides. While some question the safety of this method, you should be completely fine as long as you have safe rose petals. There is currently no data that smoking rose petals is worse than anything else that is smoked, such as tobacco. In most cases, smoking rose petals can be safer than tobacco, as it lacks many of the chemicals that are either present or added in tobacco.
Functional and floral, the rose wrap is great as either a cool party trick or even as a romantic gesture. I’m sure most self-proclaimed stoners would much rather get a bouquet of rose blunts than a bouquet roses. The rose blunt also helps to open the world of blunts to people who do not or cannot use tobacco wraps. Thanks to @simple_sasha and her simple guide, we can all enjoy our own rose blunts using just three rose petals and an oven.
How to roll a rose petal blunt
- The first step to rolling a rose blunt is to pick off the 3 nicest petals from the rose, making sure none of them have any holes or cuts in them. Set them together on an ovenproof dish.
- After you have your three rose petals ready, you will want to set your oven to broil. After the oven is ready to go, put the rose petals in for 10 seconds.
- They should be a darker color upon pulling them out of the oven. At this point, you want to lick the bottom of the rose petals and stick them together to form the base of the rose petal wrap.
- Once you lick and stick the three rose petals together, put them in for another 10 seconds on broil. Let the petals rest for 2 minutes after pulling them out of the oven.
- After this brief wait, the petals should be a good consistency to use as you roll up your rose blunt. Pack as much as you can in so it is easier to roll it tightly. These rose petal blunts roll similar to a Backwoods cigar.
- Our final step is optional, but can help to make sure the seal on your rose blunt sticks. Put it on the bottom shelf to broil for 10 more seconds. Once the rose blunt comes out from this final 10 second broil, you will want to wait another two minutes for it to finish setting.
Although @simple_sasha does not comment on the health effects of smoking rose petals, you should be safe as long as you are using an organic or homegrown rose. There is an inherent danger when inhaling smoke, but there are no studies that show that rose petal smoke is more harmful than cannabis. Organic rose petals are even a common ingredient in most herbal smoking blends, so it isn’t as strange as it seems to see someone rolling up with roses. Sasha does mention that the rose petal blunt does have a very floral and earthy taste, much different than that of paper or tobacco wrap.
Whether you are looking for a way to spice up your smoking or trying to stop smoking so many blunt wraps, rolling a rose petal blunt is an awesome way to get high. Another great flower you can add to your cannabis instead of rolling with it is lavender! Lavender adds a refined, sweet taste to cannabis and can really stretch out a spliff if you do not want to use tobacco.
Colorado Rocky Mountain HIGH Tours’ Ultimate Marijuana Tour offers a unique insider look into the business of cannabis. Includes: Commercial Grow, MIP-Edibles tour, Concentrate Extractor tour, Dabs 101 (alternative consumption methods), Dispensary shopping. Glass shop and glass blowing demo (5-6), all in one four hour tour (1-5). Tour includes Smoker’s Gift Bag, Pass to Smoke Lounges, Chauffeured limo stocked with nonalcoholic beverages , two Cannabis Concierge.
Departs Pueblo, Colorado, Saturdays at 12:45. For your comfort the tour is limited to 12 guests.
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED Book 30 days or more in advance and save $40.
“40% of the cannabis sold in Denver is grown in Southern Colorado.”
Visit www.ColoradoRockyMountainHighTours.com to make your reservation.